Healthy Mind, Healthy Body Luncheon Summit
May 14, 2015
This action-packed, fun-filled, and informative event was held for the benefit of seniors and their care providers in Loudoun County. The event included three live presentations, sponsor programs, and a live auction fundraising and benefit experience.
Diane Lasichak is a certified Geriatric Care Manager, a member of the National Academy of Certified Care Managers and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Diane is also a Board Certified Dance Movement Therapist and she will help us work up an appetite with a fun movement and music experience. Using emerging scientific research on new memory training techniques, she’ll share ways to enhance brain fitness and promote healthy aging while having fun moving to music.
- Dr. Steven Simmons, our keynote speaker, is a member of the American Geriatric Society and the Academy of Home Care Physicians, and presents frequently on providing medical care to the home-bound. Dr. Simmons discussed how you can take control of your own aging to preserve your mobility, protect your brain cells and maintain vitality for not just a longer life, but a better quality of life.
- NOVA Medical Group is the largest integrative primary care practice in Northern Virginia and promotes optimal health and shifts the focus of medicine from a reactive, illness-based practice to proactive, preventative healthcare.
The 2014 Senior Expo featured a brand-new format and location, offered more opportunities to learn, connect and be entertained than ever before.
Special Feature: TOP Senior Living CHEF Challenge
Chefs from six senior living communities in Loudoun County participated in the 2nd Annual Top Senior Living Chef Challenge, complete with an all-star panel of judges. Chefs made a meal using a typical Loudoun Interfaith Relief food bag. This unique challenge will gave attendees the chance to learn about health and budget conscious cooking from professional chefs.
The Expo featured entertainment by the Leisure World Blue River Singers; Peggy Alee, Singer, Entertainer and Humorist; and an interactive drum circle with The Beat Goes On.
Presenting Sponsor – Reston Hospital Center
Healthy Aging Summit Partners
- Aetna Medicare
- Always Best Care of Loudoun
- Ashby Ponds
- Comfort Keepers
- Emeritus at Sterling
- Heavenly Walk in Tubs
- Home Care Assistance
- Home Helpers
- IDEAL Study, National Institute on Aging, NIH
- Kaiser Permanente
- Miracle Method of Fairfax
- Morningside House of Leesburg
- Radiology Imaging Associates
- Sommerset Retirement Community
- Spring Arbor Residential Assisted Living
- Sterling Money Management LLC
- Tall Oaks Assisted Living
- Vitas Innovative Hospice
- Winding Cross Urgent Care of Leesburg
- Zounds Hearing NOVA
Top Senior Living Chef Recipe Card Sponsor – Comfort Keepers
Provider Social Event @ 4 p.m. – Sommerset Retirement Community and Guide to Retirement Living SourceBook
Community Resource Pavilion
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Art Together
- Carver Adult Day Center
- Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging
- Loudoun County Commissioner of the Revenue
- Loudoun County Department of Family Services
- Loudoun County Public Library
- Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- VA Association of Area Agencies on Aging – Senior Medicare Patrol
As part of the Expo, non-perishable food items were collected for Loudoun Interfaith Relief, who reported that over 500 pounds of food was donated after the event with many more pounds accounted for throughout the LSIN campaign! Great job and thank you to everyone!
Previous Expos – Information and Photos
Read about past Expo events:
Senior Expo 2014 – Held on May 15 at the National Conference Center. The Expo featured an audience-style layout with vendor tables, entertainment, door prizes, and more!
Senior Expo 2013 – Held on May 9 at the Holiday Inn Hotel Leesburg at Carradoc Hall and featured a first-of-its-kind TOP Senior Living CHEF Competition.
Senior Expo 2012
Senior Expo 2011
Senior Expo 2008