Be part of the longest-standing, holiday-themed 5K race series anywhere – and fight with us to conquer arthritis!
The Arthritis Foundation’s original Jingle Bell Run is a fun way to get decked out and be festive, while racing to raise funds and awareness to cure America’s #1 cause of disability. Put on your favorite holiday costume. Tie jingle bells to your shoelaces. ’Tis the season to live it up and be jolly for a reason! Bring a team of friends, family and co-workers to run or walk, spread smiles and good cheer … and be a Champion of Yes! 100 percent of your registration fee and fundraising efforts go to this great cause.
Come join us for the Loudoun Senior Interest Network’s Holiday Luncheon! We will be meeting on Wednesday, December 6 from 11:30AM-2:00PM at Falcon’s Landing (20522 Falcon’s Landing Circle, Sterling, VA 20165.
Note: There will be event parking signs on the streets inside the Falcons Landing gates and shuttles available to pick up holiday party attendees who need a ride to the event.
In addition to a time of festivities and networking, we will be having a guest presentation by Angela Inzerillo of Impact Business Solutions, LLC. She will be educating us on “Getting Quality Leads from your Circle of Influence.”
One of the best and most leveraged ways to generate leads is by using your Circle of influence (COI), that is, people with whom we interact on a regular basis. Because people are more likely to do business with the people they know and trust or with people recommended by a friend or family member, these relationships are vital to our success.
During this presentation, you will learn how to turn the top people within your COI into quality referrals ‐ EVERY time! We will also help you create your "Ideal Client" profile, and explain why this is critical. Learn to improve your referral rate based on "quality" not "quantity." You will get to try your new skills almost immediately!
About Angela Inzerillo:
Angela is the Co-Founder of Impact Business Solutions LLC, a sales and marketing training and consulting firm based in Northern Virginia. Focused on lead generation and conversion, her company gives small business owners the strategy, system and support they need to get results fast.
Join Amen Clinics for a morning with Dr. Daniel Amen, a New York Times bestselling author and brain researcher, to help you change your brain and improve your memory!
Amen Clinics - Reston
10701 Parkridge Blvd.,
Reston, VA 20191
Capital Caring will celebrate its 40th Anniversary with a special Passion for Caring Gala on November 11 at the MGM National Harbor Resort. This event is one of the premier events in our region and each year, Capital Caring is joined by hundreds of family members, champions, friends and supporters to celebrate the impact of the organization and another year of improving care for families in our community.
Here is a top 10 list of why the 2017 Gala is NOT TO BE MISSED!
10. The opportunity to win the Capital Caring Gala Vacation Raffle and decide which trip will be yours – Iceland, Napa, or Bali. (Better hurry – only 87 tickets remain…)
9. Enjoy a champagne toast to celebrate four decades of care and nearly 110,000 families served!
8. Sample delicious fare and fantastic wine with an amazing selection of Italian inspired treats.
7. The chance to place the winning bid on a trip to Italy in the live auction.
6. Create a keepsake that will make you the social media envy of all your friends with the new GIF photo booth provided by HomeCare.com.
5. Who can resist live music and dancing?
4. You’ve been meaning to check out the new MGM National Harbor Resort and play a few games of chance. Reserve a room in our discounted block and make it a weekend escape.
3. Get a jumpstart on your holiday shopping with a huge selection of items at the silent auction including jewelry, art, sports memorabilia, vacations, and more.
2. Be part of the DC scene with an incredible group of honorees and attendees from across the region and beyond.
1. Be inspired by the stories of the families we’ve served and leave knowing that you helped provide the critical care and support to others in our community.
Please join us for our 31st Annual Caregivers Conference: Creating Moments of Joy. This year's speakers include:
- Jolene Brackey, Founder, Enhanced Moments, who specializes in creating positive outcomes and moments of joy for the individuals with the disease, their loved ones, and professional caregivers. Her messages of hope, encouragement - along with generous helpings of humor - is warmly embraced by the family members and professional caregivers alike!
- Melanie Chadwick, RN, MD, NP is certified as an Adult and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner with Georgetown University Medical Center's Memory Disorder Program. Melanie specializes in evaluating and treating patients with memory problems, and functions as a clinican in the research program.
- Ron Culberson, MSW, CSP, CPAE, spent the first part of his career working in a large hospice organization as a clinical social worker, middle manager, and senior leader. As a speaker, humorist, and author of Do it Well. Make it Fun. The Key to Success in Life, Death, and Almost Everything in Between, he has delivered more than 1,000 presentations to associations, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and corporations.
- Ann Morrison, PhD, RN is a well-recognized expert on Alzheimer's disease. As staff and later as faculty for the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, she conducted clinical drug trials, risk factor identification trials, behavioral management trials, and caregiving research trials.
- Paula Kyle is a professional dance instructor in The Dance for Parkinson's Disease Program. Her 17 years of dance training and performance experience earlier in life was the key factor in being accepted. After completing the online course and the training at The Mark Morris Studio in Brooklyn, she is now qualified to teach Dance for Parkinson's.
8:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 Creating Moments of Joy, Jolene Brackey
10:15 Guilt, Anger, and Stress: Working Through Difficult Feelings as a Caregiver, Ann Morrison, PhD, RN
11:15 Break and Visit Exhibitors
11:30 Research Updates and Trials, Melanie Chadwick, RN, MS, NP
12:15 Lunch and Visit Exhibitors
1:00 Dance for Parkinson's, Paula Kyle
1:30 Creating Moments in Bathing and Dining, Jolene Brackey
2:30 Break and Snack
2:45 If Not Now, When?, Ron Culberson, MSW, CSP, CPAE
If you've attended the conference in the past, you know what an educational and inspirational day you'll have. And if you've never been to the Northern Virginia Dementia Caregiver's Conference, please come join us - we know you'll be glad you came. The conference features an array of presentations for family caregivers and for professionals. .50 CEUs available through George Mason University.
Looking to have a spot as an exhibitor? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentation: Caroline Raker will be speaking to us on "Bridging the Gap: Medicaid Help for Senior Care." She is the Division Manager for Fairfax, Loudoun, Clarke, Frederick Counties at Medicaid service providers At Home Your Way and Moms In Motion. To learn more about Caroline, you can read her bio here.
8:30-9:00am — Networking
9:00-9:35am — Guest Speaker
9:35-9:45am — Introductions-Name and company only please
9:45-9:55am — Member Event announcements
9:55-10:00am — Old business, new business
10:00-10:30am — Networking
Open to all businesses and individuals interested in participating. No RSVP is necessary.
Dining Room on Main Floor
Ashleigh at Lansdowne
44124 Woodridge Pkwy
Leesburg, VA 20176
Join us for a free dementia education event- "Effective Communication With Those Who Have Dementia" featuring Nancy Dezan from ElderTree Care Management Services. This presentation will include:
• Communicating with someone who does not speak
• Techniques to help engage the person with dementia
• Successful communication to reduce behavior issues
• Using communication to avoid resistance and gain understanding
Space is limited so please register in advance at (703) 421-0690 or email@example.com
For more information, see the flyer below:
Social Security will likely be the foundation of your retirement income. Before you retire, it's important to understand your options and the effect your decisions have on your retirement. Kobby Okum, financial advisor for Edward Jones, will discuss:
- How does Social Security fit into my retirement income plan?
- When should I start taking benefits?
- What about taxes?