Please join us for our 31st Annual Caregivers Conference: Creating Moments of Joy. This year's speakers include:
- Jolene Brackey, Founder, Enhanced Moments, who specializes in creating positive outcomes and moments of joy for the individuals with the disease, their loved ones, and professional caregivers. Her messages of hope, encouragement - along with generous helpings of humor - is warmly embraced by the family members and professional caregivers alike!
- Melanie Chadwick, RN, MD, NP is certified as an Adult and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner with Georgetown University Medical Center's Memory Disorder Program. Melanie specializes in evaluating and treating patients with memory problems, and functions as a clinican in the research program.
- Ron Culberson, MSW, CSP, CPAE, spent the first part of his career working in a large hospice organization as a clinical social worker, middle manager, and senior leader. As a speaker, humorist, and author of Do it Well. Make it Fun. The Key to Success in Life, Death, and Almost Everything in Between, he has delivered more than 1,000 presentations to associations, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and corporations.
- Ann Morrison, PhD, RN is a well-recognized expert on Alzheimer's disease. As staff and later as faculty for the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, she conducted clinical drug trials, risk factor identification trials, behavioral management trials, and caregiving research trials.
- Paula Kyle is a professional dance instructor in The Dance for Parkinson's Disease Program. Her 17 years of dance training and performance experience earlier in life was the key factor in being accepted. After completing the online course and the training at The Mark Morris Studio in Brooklyn, she is now qualified to teach Dance for Parkinson's.
8:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 Creating Moments of Joy, Jolene Brackey
10:15 Guilt, Anger, and Stress: Working Through Difficult Feelings as a Caregiver, Ann Morrison, PhD, RN
11:15 Break and Visit Exhibitors
11:30 Research Updates and Trials, Melanie Chadwick, RN, MS, NP
12:15 Lunch and Visit Exhibitors
1:00 Dance for Parkinson's, Paula Kyle
1:30 Creating Moments in Bathing and Dining, Jolene Brackey
2:30 Break and Snack
2:45 If Not Now, When?, Ron Culberson, MSW, CSP, CPAE
If you've attended the conference in the past, you know what an educational and inspirational day you'll have. And if you've never been to the Northern Virginia Dementia Caregiver's Conference, please come join us - we know you'll be glad you came. The conference features an array of presentations for family caregivers and for professionals. .50 CEUs available through George Mason University.
Looking to have a spot as an exhibitor? Contact email@example.com.