Inclement Weather Policy
LSIN follows the Loudoun County Parks and Recreation Guidelines, since the General Meetings are held in a county facility.
- When Loudoun County Government is closed, PRCS facilities are closed and all recreation programs are cancelled.
- When Loudoun County Government makes a decision to close after the start of normal business hours, parents must make arrangements to pick up their children from all PRCS programs and locations right away. The facilities will close when the last child has been picked up.
- When Loudoun County Schools announce that schools are closed for the day (and the Government is open):
- All PRCS classes, programs, activities and services, except Childcare, are cancelled. PRCS facilities are open for business matters, childcare and drop-in programs. Childcare opens at 8:00A.
- All PRCS programs held in school facilities are cancelled.
- Evening programs held in PRCS facilities scheduled from 5PM until closing may be held; confirm directly with the site offering the activity, or by calling 703-777-0456.When Loudoun County Schools announce a one-hour delay, all PRCS classes, programs, activities and services operate on time.
- When Loudoun County Schools announce a two or more hour delay, all morning PRCS classes, programs, activities and services, except Childcare, are cancelled. Childcare sites open on time. All PRCS facilities will open by 9AM for business matters and drop-in programs.
- When Loudoun County schools announce an early dismissal, all evening PRCS-sponsored classes, programs and activities, including CASA & YAS, are cancelled (except for Franklin Park Arts Center programs). Childcare sites and Adult Day Centers remain open only until the last participant is picked up.
Please keep track of changing weather conditions, visit www.loudoun.gov, and call the appropriate PRCS facility or cancellation line at 703-777-0456 (or administrative office at 703-777-0343) with any questions.